We’re proud to announce that SOMA has been appointed Preferred Partner with Australia’s top contemporary music institution AIM! This exclusive partnership marks the start of a long-term collaboration between SOMA and AIM.
SOMA graduates from our Diploma programmes get advance placement into Year 2 of AIM’s Degree programmes. Credit granted will vary on the AIM degree selected and SOMA courses completed.
For the purposes of articulation to AIM, AIM has mapped the below SOMA courses to the below units in the AIM Bachelor of Music.
This articulation is based on current SOMA courses mapped to current AIM units with the Bachelor of Music and is subject to change if /when the offerings of either party change. Both parties agree that they will notify one another should changes to their respective offerings be made that alter the granting of credit.
Details of credit arrangement:
• Actual credit granted will vary based on the AIM degree selected and SOMA courses completed
• Maximum credit (as outlined below) will only be granted when a student has completed a full diploma with SOMA and credit may vary if students have only completed a partial diploma
• Students may be required to submit an audition to confirm entry into any AIM course
• Students will be required to provide evidence of English equivalent to an IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5
• Mapping has been conducted against the Bachelor of Music (Audio) and the Bachelor of Music (Composition and Production). Students may apply for and receive credit into other bachelor’s degrees at AIM.
To enter AIM students must be eligible for a student visa to study in Australia.
Entry to AIM courses is granted at the sole discretion of AIM and AIM reserves the right to decline entry and credit to any student. AIM reserves the right to change the grant of credit at any time.